|About The Company
This company pioneers short-form video creation and social engagement, boasting a vast, engaged user base. Its platform empowers users with creative tools, filters, and effects. With a diverse content ecosystem, it’s a hub of creativity and expression. The proprietary algorithm ensures personalized content feeds, enhancing user engagement and satisfaction. This company wields significant influence on digital media, making it an invaluable partner for innovative collaborations and marketing endeavors.
– Monitor the global privacy landscape (i.e., trends, laws, and regulations) and identify gaps or risks in compliance and facilitate change as required to reduce risk and manage compliance in alignment with Global Privacy.
– Oversee comprehensive USDS privacy compliance and privacy program governance (e.g., define operating model, capabilities, reporting, and metrics, etc.) in alignment with enterprise policies and standards.
– Serve as the primary point of contact for privacy-related matters, providing expert advice and guidance to senior leadership and stakeholders.
– Manage privacy operations and privacy engineering program using extensive knowledge of US and global data protection laws, operational expertise, and understanding of technology and product engineering requirements.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as business, legal, security, technology, and engineering teams to ensure that security and privacy strategic objectives are aligned and embedded.
– Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company’s processes, systems, technologies, data, customers, consumers, vendors, data flows, and international transfers, and evaluate the impact of contractual and regulatory privacy and security requirements on business practices.
– Establish and maintain relationships with external privacy authorities, regulators, and industry groups to stay informed about privacy developments and collaborate on key initiatives.
– Represent the company externally in the region at privacy events, conferences, client-facing engagements, and industry forums.
– Respond to regulatory matters impacting USDS.
– 10+ years professional experience in privacy, data protection and security; preferably in complex technology environments and at a senior level within a multinational organization.
– Robust knowledge of regional and global data protection laws/standards (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, COPPA).
– Strong understanding of privacy-by-design principles and practical experience implementing privacy controls within business processes and systems for product and process engineering (e.g., privacy automation, privacy considerations for technical requirements).
– Excellent understanding of technology platforms and data flows, with the ability to assess privacy risks associated with various systems and technologies.
– Robust knowledge in privacy operational areas, including privacy rights management (e.g., consumer consent management, consumer rights request fulfillment), privacy impact assessments, privacy and data protection compliance framework design and execution, privacy threat and risk assessment methods, data collection and purpose of processing, and third party management.
– Ability to drive change in privacy operations to adapt to industry trends and marketplace changes in technology and privacy regulations.
– Ability to manage a globally dispersed team of privacy professionals and privacy engineers and work collaboratively with Global Legal Compliance, Security, IT, and Product Engineering leaders and teams.
– High level of technology and business acumen to work with business partners and technical engineers to find solutions to business needs that comply with applicable laws and regulations.
– Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills at the executive level.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to balance legal and regulatory requirements with business needs.
– CIPP/EU/M, CIPT, CIPM, or equivalent certification preferred.
– Juris Doctorate, or Information Security, technology or engineering Bachelor degree preferred.
|Staff IC / Senior Staff IC / Architect
|$180,000 - $230,000